SIMS Refrigeration and its subsidiaries respect your privacy
Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Collection and tracking of personal information
So that we can provide you with the most efficient and enhanced service, we may request information from you when you:
- Use our website;
- Place orders for products or services;
- Request support, or information;
- Subscribe to newsletters, or other materials;
- Participate in surveys, or other promotional activities;
- or Contact us.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- name and job title
- contact information including email address
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
If you make a purchase, we may ask for your credit card number and billing information.
We may also collect your IP address, browser type, domain name, access times and referring website address. Information collected at one of the SIMS Refrigeration websites will be available within the SIMS Refrigeration family of websites. Any forms that you may fill in will indicate whether information requested is mandatory or voluntary.
When you receive newsletters or promotional emails from SIMS Refrigeration, we may use web beacons, customized links or similar technologies to determine whether the email has been opened and which links you click. The data is used to help us determine the effectiveness of our communications with you, and to provide you with more focused communications.
What we do with your information
SIMS Refrigeration requires this information to understand your needs and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.n
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional email about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail.
- We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
- Display custom, personalized content to our website visitors.
- Send newsletters, promotional material, product information, promotional offers, and surveys
- Update you on your transactions status (e.g. order confirmations)
- Deliver services and support; and
- Enforce our conditions of sale, website terms and/or contracts.
We may share your personal information with business partners that assist SIMS Refrigeration to carry out transactions, or to make our business more responsive to your needs.
A user may, at any time, opt out of receiving such information. We also use collected information to evaluate and administer our service, respond to any problems that may arise and to gauge user trends to determine what part of our services are most popular with users.
We may occasionally hire other companies to provide limited services on our behalf, such as processing transactions, or performing statistical analysis of our services. Those service providers will be permitted to obtain only the personal information they need to deliver the service. They are required to maintain the confidentiality of the information and are prohibited from using it for any other purpose. However, for credit card processing, our fraud detection vendors may use aggregate data to help improve their service. This helps them more accurately detect fraudulent uses of credit cards.
Credit card information is used only for payment processing and fraud prevention. Credit card information and other sensitive personal information required to process a credit decision is not used for any other purpose by our financial services providers or SIMS Refrigeration and will not be kept longer than necessary for providing the services.
We do not sell or rent your personal information to third parties for their own marketing purposes without your express consent.
SIMS Refrigeration is fully compliant with the Australian Spam Act of 2003:
- We never send unsolicited emails – only to those people with whom Universal Events has an established relationship or who have contacted the company to request information.
- All automatically-sent emails contain a clickable HTML link which can be used to change email preferences or unsubscribe completely.
SIMS Refrigeration cannot guarantee or accept responsibility for the privacy practices or the content of websites to which we provide links.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time, please contact us.
- A user may, at any time, change, correct, modify or delete any personal information they have provided to SIMS Refrigeration by contacting us by email.
- Users can also unsubscribe from any newsletters or opt out of various promotional emails at any time by:
- Selecting the “opt out” or “unsubscribe” link, or following the unsubscribe instructions listed within the communication.
- Emailing us with the word “unsubscribe” in the subject line of the email header – and provide specific relevant information about the SIMS Refrigeration subscriptions that you no longer wish to receive
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please contact us.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
Requests by law enforcement agencies
We reserve the right to use or disclose any information without notice or consent as needed to satisfy any law, regulation or legal request; to conduct investigations of consumer complaints or possible breaches of law; to protect the integrity of our site and our property; to protect the safety of our visitors or others; to fulfil your requests; or to cooperate in any legal investigation.
Publicly available information
You should be aware that if you voluntarily disclose information online (whether through SIMS Refrigeration services or any other service available online), personal or otherwise, that information can be collected and used by others. For example, if you use chat forums, bulletin boards, your email or if you post personal information online, you may receive unsolicited messages from others. SIMS Refrigeration has no control over this use of your personal information.
Security of your personal information
Office Help on Tap understands the importance of ensuring that your personal information is secure and protected. We use a variety of security technologies and procedures to help protect personal information from unauthorized access, use, and disclosure.
All SIMS Refrigeration employees are made aware of its privacy practices through periodic communications and training. We limit access to private and confidential data only to those employees with a specific need to retrieve this information and we store data on multiple service systems, in controlled, secure environments. To maintain the highest level of security, we conduct internal reviews of our security measures on a regular basis.
If a password is used to help protect your accounts and personal information, it is your responsibility to keep your password confidential. Do not share this information with anyone. If you are sharing a computer with anyone you should always log out before leaving a site or service to protect access to your information from subsequent users.
SIMS Refrigeration websites use “cookies” to enable you to sign in to our services and to help personalize your online experience.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web trafic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual.
The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
- Cookies store small amounts of data on your computer when you visit a website. Cookies simply assist us in tracking which of our features you like best.
- Cookies do not contain any personally identifiable information and therefore cannot be used to identify you personally.
- You have the ability to accept or decline cookies by modifying your browser.
- Most Web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer.
If you decline cookies, some advanced and customized features of our site, will not be available to you. If you choose to accept cookies, you also have the ability to later delete cookies that you have accepted.
Use Web Beacons
SIMS Refrigeration may use web beacons on our website, in our emails, in our advertisements on other websites, or in our advertisements in others’ emails. A web beacon is an electronic image that can be used to recognize a cookie on your computer when you view a web page or email.
- Web beacons help us measure the effectiveness of our website, advertising or email campaigns.
- The information we collect may include some limited personal information, and web beacons allow us to recognize users by accessing SIMS Refrigeration cookies.
- We may also combine the information that we collect through web beacons with other personal information we have collected from you.
- We use all of this information to better tailor our marketing to you.
- We may also use this information for other purposes, such as to enable a shopping cart, customize content on our website and undertake internal research.
We may allow third parties to compile individual information or aggregated statistics from our use of web beacons to enable such third parties to determine the effectiveness of online marketing. Aggregate information is anonymous and may include demographic and usage information. No personally identifiable information about you is shared with partners for this research. We prohibit web beacons on our sites from being used by third parties to access your personal information.
Links to Non-SIMS Refrigeration Websites
SIMS Refrigeration does not knowingly collect information from children under the age of 13 and does not target its websites to children under 13. We encourage parents and guardians to take an active role in their children’s online activities and interests.
Changes in corporate structure
In developing our business, we might sell certain assets or the company, or parts of it, may be sold, merged or otherwise transferred. In such transactions, user information, whether personally identifiable or otherwise, may be one of the transferred assets.
We recommend that you check the policy when you visit our site to be sure you are aware of and understand our current policy. If we make material changes to this policy or in how we will use or collect your personally identifiable information, we will prominently post such changes prior to implementing the change. We will not make changes in how we handle previously collected personal information that have retroactive effect unless legally required to do so.